Thursday, December 12, 2013

GRADUATE SEMINAR ASSIGNMENT

Who changed your perspective of art?

Taking the painting class gave me the opportunity to become familiar with some painters. Based on that, I decided to choose painting as the main part of my Capstone. 
Persian painting is one of the painting genres and could catch my attention more after I start my student life here at USA. Of course being of my homeland surrounded by a new culture caused me to think more my own country and culture. 
One of the painters who I could become familiar with her art, is Shahzia Sikander. She is a Pakistani painter which has lots of things in common with Persian painting. " She is best known for her experimentation with the formal constructs of Indo-Persian miniature painting in a variety of formats and mediums, including video, animation, mural and collaboration with other artists.[http://www.shahziasikander.com/]"
In my opinion she a successful artist because she could combine achievements of traditional art with modern media and create a unique work of art.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment