Wednesday, November 13, 2013

GRADUATE SEMINAR ASSIGNMENT








My Halloween Costume







I used Origami pumpkins to make this costume

We were invited to Prof.Hounshell Halloween_Bonfire party. We were supposed to make our costumes based on our concentration in art. Unfortunately like other international students, I didn't have access to car to go every where and find my required items. So I decided to use the most accessible material: Paper. 
As my concentration, I'm really interested in hand made art and origami fulfills this goal, so I decorate my dress with origami pumpkins.
Going to this party made me find out there exists so many similarities between different cultures. In Iran, there is some thing like bonfire party on the last Tuesday of the year; but it's not one huge fire, people make a number of small ones and family members and neighbors gather around fire and have fun. Also children wear some wired cloths in order to not being identified, go to neighbors' houses and being welcomed with candies and nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment